Sliding Head Machinist
Location: Sheffield, South Yorkshire
Job Sector: Automotive
Job Title: Sliding Head CNC Machinist
Company: An exciting opportunity exists to join our client who produces high specification parts for the motor racing industry. They are designers of components to various industries and have a challenging mix of production and development projects ongoing for a range of clients.
Reporting to: Production Manager
Key Candidate Attributes:
We are looking for an experienced CNC turner who can program, set and operate Sliding Head machinery and has worked using Fanuc.
This is an exciting opportunity for the right person to take ownership of this vital role in a company that designs and produces it's a variety of products.
- Understanding and reading of drawings and specifications
- To have worked in a sub-contract environment
- High accuracy inspection of own work
- Ability to machine to close tolerances, producing quality components
- To work using your own initiative and as part of a team
- Have strong communication skills and the ability to problem solve
- Ability to work under pressure
- Experience of working within an ISO9001 manufacturing environment
- To be able to measure accurately in both metric and imperial
- Maintain regular consistent and professional attendance, punctuality, personal appearance and adherence to relevant health and safety procedures
- Pursue personal development of skills and knowledge necessary for the effective performance of the role
- To undertake any other duties, from time to time, as can be reasonably requested by the company
To be considered for this role please click "Apply Now" and your CV will be reviewed by one of our consultants to see if you are relevant for the post.