CAD CAM Programmer
£ 30,000 - 40,000
Location: Nottingham, Nottinghamshire
Job Sector: Aerospace
Job Title: CAD/CAM Programmer (CNC Programmer)
Shifts: Mornings & Afters
Metalis are working with a dynamic aerospace and defence manufacturer based in Nottingham producing critical components.
- Prepare engineering drawings for manufacture utilising CAD CAM programming packages.
- Operating and setting the CNC machine and loading it with the right cutting tools as indicated to produce a specific component parts to high tolerances.
- Produce component parts to drawings issued by use of CNC machinery
- Produce Component parts in tolerance of drawing specifications
- Complete and maintain all necessary records of time, part counts, last piece inspections and others for each job.
- Participate in Lean Six Sigma and process improvement activities when required.
Skills & Qualifications
- Ideally be an apprentice trained machinist with a minimum of three years’ programming experience.
- Offline programming experience using CAD/ CAM Software such as AlphaCAM, MasterCAM, EdgeCAM, DelCAM, HyperMill, Solidworks etc.
- Must be able to demonstrate strong CNC experience with Fanuc or Mazatrol controls.
- Previous experience with precision measuring equipment.
- £30,000 – 40,000 DOE
- Pension Scheme
- Bonus scheme
Week one: 06:00 – 14:00 Monday to Friday
Week Two 13:45 – 00:00 Monday to Wednesday 13:45 – 22:30 Thursday, Friday Off
If you are interested in the CNC Programmer/ CAD CAM Programmer vacancy, please submit your details and one of our consultants will get in touch.