Location: Nottingham, Nottinghamshire
Job Sector: Automation
Metalis are recruiting on behalf of a global solutions engineering organisation for a Project Manager based in Nottingham. Initially the successful candidate will be employed on a contract basis with the scope to go permanent.
This role will be responsible for the successful delivery of projects to budget, schedule and customer requirements. This will include scheduling and assigning the work needed for the project, working with stakeholders across the business to ensure the projects are sufficiently resourced, working with the customer to manage their expectations and dependencies, tracking and mitigating risks, regular reporting on the project progress and detailed financial tracking.
- Ensuring that all projects are delivered within budget, on-time and within scope
- Creating and maintaining the project cost forecast and actuals on a weekly basis
- Managing and escalating risks and issues on your projects. This includes keeping a risk and issue log and identifying the appropriate mitigation plan
- Identifying and managing project changes (variations) on your projects. This includes maintaining a change log and working with the Sales engineer to propose the correct cost, schedule and project impact for any customer changes.
- Reporting regularly to senior management and providing input in to portfolio reporting
- Working with the designated projects team and central planner to ensure that the planning and progress of the design, build, test and installation is to the customer specification.
- Ideally degree qualified within mechanical or electrical engineering.
- Must hold Prince2 or APM.
- Previous project management experience travelling to customer sites.