£ 30000 - 35000
Location: Sheffield, South Yorkshire
Job Sector: Aerospace
The primary function of this position is to operate the company’s CMM machines as well as manual inspection equipment in order to validate the conformity of manufactured parts.
Duties and responsibilities;
- To programme, operate and run programs on the CMM in order to verify the dimensional accuracy of components, dies, component parts, according to CAD data and tool/part print specifications.
- Build concessions and FAIRs
- Product risk assessment/ meeting.
- Ensure calibration of the machines is carried out in the correct manner.
- To carry out first off inspection for components that require going through the CMM.
- Record inspection results.
- Operate the QTC on the shop-floor.
- Inspection with alternative means may be required when features cannot be checked on the CMM.
- Checking for First Off and completion of First Article Inspection Reports (FAIRs) details.
- Conducting Route Cause Investigations and handling Customer NonConformances.
- Industry experience - Aerospace, Nuclear, Medical or Automotive (high end), Motorsport: all with high tolerances (+/-0.01mm).
- Proven experience with CMM, hands on skill set in programmable CMM machines with MCOSMOS software.
- Knowledge of geometrical dimension and tolerance.
- Capable of reading and interpreting blueprints, part prints and drawings.
- Working to AS9100 / ISO9001.
- Must have good team working skills coupled with the ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment.
- Experience in Lean Manufacture using 5S & 8D problem solving skills etc would be an advantage. • Be able to resolve dimensional issues and put corrective actions in place.
- Able to cover shifts as required (rotating days/afters, some weekends or days)
Salary & Benefits
- Mornings – 5.45am – 2.15pm Afters – 1.45pm – 10.15pm
- £25 – 27k + 20% shift allowance (£32,400 if £27k basic)
- Company Pension of 10%
- Holiday to service entitlement. Accrue an extra days holiday per two years service (capped at 5 days)