Mechanical Service Engineer
Location: Wakefield, West Yorkshire
Job Sector: Heavy Engineering
Our client is one of the leading manufacturers of automated machinery for processing products. They serve in various sectors and industries including Automotive, Agricultural, Aerospace and more.
About the Role:
You will be on and off site dealing with various mechanical maintenance issues. Typically speaking you will be field based 3/4 days a week and on site once or twice a week.
Most of the work is in the UK but the client does have customers all over the world, so international travel may be required. If this happens it will be once or twice a year maximum.
This company and opportunity would suit those wanting a challenge as the work and duties are different each week.
- Maintenance on a wide range of production equipment
- Covering mechanical, pneumatic, and hydraulic and Automation.
- Ensure all safety and performance standards are met.
- Installation and decommissioning of new equipment.
- Experience working independent and with other engineers
- Planning jobs and calculating timescale of work
- Electrical or PLC knowledge would be advantageous
What do you get?
You will get a company vehicle with no tax to pay. This is a tracked transit custom with a fuel card that is only for business use (no tax to pay).
You are paid from the minute you get in your work vehicle when on service work but don’t get paid travel time if you are coming into the factory (I.e. no service work for them)
- Pension is just government basic recommended
- 33 holidays a year including stats
- 4x basic annual salary as a life insurance policy for your family
- Increased overtime rates
- Company Vehicle