Metalis are working with a long established company who manufacture precision-machined fabrications and assemblies for the aerospace industries.
They are looking for two permanant assembly fitters on both a days regular and a days and afters basis.
- Assembly, Tasks to include;
- Drilling, countersinking, filing
- Press fitting - Operating Hydraulic and fly presses
- Bush spinning
- Broad assembly using a range of fasteners
- Operating a variety of bench top tools
- Operating pneumatic tools
- Applying surface treatments including paints, alocrom etc.
- Bonding using sealants and over sealing
- Low level self-inspection and setting to proven jigs
- Semi-skilled sheet metal ability; e.g. defect removal
- Setting products in jigs and fixtures
- Working on larger assemblies exclusive to bench work
Qualifications, skills, attributes, experience required:
- Relevant NVQ qualifications relevant to mechanical fitting and assembly
- Competent in reading and interpreting engineering drawings
- Previous experience is a similar field of work
- Working accurately and methodically following work instructions and SWP's
- Can be trusted to self-inspect and work under loose supervision
- Vigilance in working sub-details for errors inflicted from previous processing
Targets/Objectives for role
- Meet and exceed the daily requirements set by supervisor/Team leader
- Influencing the dept. in a positive way
- Able and willing to meet the fluctuating needs of the business
- Build up experience to advance to higher level/promotion to team leader
This is a great opportunity to work for a strong engineering business within the aerospace industry.