Metalis are working with a long established company who manufacture precision-machined fabrications and assemblies for the aerospace industries.
They are looking for a assembly fitter to join their expanding team.
- Assembling precise aircraft components
- Drilling, countersinking, filing
- Using manual measuring equipment and hand tools
- Broad assembly using a range of fasteners
- Operating a variety of bench top tools
- Applying surface treatments including paints, alocrom etc.
- Bonding using sealants and over sealing
- Low level self-inspection and setting to proven jigs
- Setting products in jigs and fixtures
- Working on larger assemblies exclusive to bench work
Qualifications, skills, attributes, experience required:
- Previous Assembly experience (ideally within precision engineering)
- Competent in reading and interpreting engineering drawings (advantageous!)
- Previous experience is a similar field of work
- Working accurately and methodically following work instructions and SWP's
- Can be trusted to self-inspect and work under loose supervision
This is a great opportunity to work for a strong engineering business within the aerospace industry.
- Days only OR Days & Afternoons
- Monday - Friday
- £13.45ph - £14.90ph
- Overtime available at an enhanced rate