We are currently working with a client who specialise in Equipment Manufacturing, primarily making machinery for different sectors such as Metalforming, Material handling and more. Based in Wakefield, they offer a range of different services from CNC Machining, to Technical Fabrication and more. They are looking for an ASSISTANT QUALITY INSPECTOR to join their team on a FULL TIME and PERMANENT basis.
Regular days, Monday to Friday. Early finish on Fridays. 39 hours per week.
Starting salary of £13.50ph - works out £27,378 per annum
- Assist the Production team to ensure conforming components are despatched from the company. Perform in process and final inspection on components ensuring they conform to drawing /documented requirements.
Responsibility and Role:
- Undertake any inspection function as detailed by Customers, QHSE Manager or Senior Managers. This includes the inspection and verification of certified material. This could be at customer sites.
- Prepare inspection reports as deemed necessary to in line with company procedures to fulfil customer or company requirements (Manual and/or Computerised) and liaise with client or external inspectors as required.
- Highlight any non-conformances to drawing/documentation and help establish method of rectification/corrective action and update the NCR system as required.
- Support the QHSE Manager to ensure all measuring equipment is calibrated within the pre-determined time scales and maintain records accordingly.
- Undertake internal auditing to ensure compliance to internal or external standards
- Provide analytical data as requested by Senior Managers and contribute to improvements.
- Support Goods inwards final inspection, stores and other colleagues in their day to day duties.
- Participate in the training of other individuals on tasks that your skills determine.
- Ensure housekeeping is maintained to a high standard within the inspection all areas.
- Actively support Health & Safety Environmental and Quality policies within the Company.
- Any other duties required by the QHSE Manager or Senior Management.
If this is a role that interests you, please apply with your CV!