We are currently recruiting on behalf of our prestigious client for their site based in Sheffield. They are looking for an experienced CNC Turner to join their busy team.
Salary: £21,119.10 - £26,821.26 Depending on skills and experience, with an additonal shift allowance paid on top for 2 and 3 shift patterns. Workers come out with between £23,000 per annum and £29,000 per annum
Reporting to the Production Manager, the successful candidate will be self-motivated and have a positive attitude. The position is for 37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday.
The successful candidate will have the following skills & experience:
- Knowledge of Health and Safety requirements including correct use of PPE, workspace cleanliness, COSHH.
- A sound understanding of both manual and CNC turning is essential as is the ability to understand and translate engineering drawings.
- The candidate will operate CNC lathes and machining centres manufacturing parts to satisfy existing orders and helping to develop prototype parts for potential new business.
- Experience working on Mazak machining centres and CNC lathes (Siemens & Fanuc operating systems) would be advantageous.
- Verify conformity of parts using gauges - sending first off parts for CMM measurement along with an understanding of measurement reports.
- Ability to understand operation and method sheets.
- Working with Standard Operating Procedures
- Understand engineering drawings (geometric tolerancing).
- Experience working in an engineering environment is essential.
- Programming experience would be advantageous.
- Ability to work under pressure.
Please apply with your CV if you are interested!