CNC Program/Setter/Operator (Turning)
Double Days 6-2 2-10
For the position of Programmer/ Setter/ Operator you should have proven experience in a CNC Machine Shop environment with previous experience of programming CNC machines with Siemens controls. You will also produce precision components using a variety from 2D computer drawings and paper drawings; Generate CNC programmes using G-Code programming and conversational
- Create, load, examine and modify CNC programmes.
- Set up tools and load materials into CNC machine.
- Carry out machining of components.
- Carry out inspection, including first-off inspection to the authorised level.
- Identify and report drawing errors and suggest improvements.
- Make a positive contribution to maintaining a workplace that is safe, neat and tidy.
- Carry out any other duties reasonable within capability as required by the Cell Leader.
- Ultimately your input should result in increased efficiencies and add to and increase of in-house capabilities.
- Essential Requirements:
- Fully skilled time served engineer with CNC Turning experience on 3 and 4 axis machines.
- CNC Programming experience in programming in G-Code (G&M code, Macro) and in using 3,4 -axis Siemens or conversational controls.
- Used to working to fine tolerances with various materials
- Able to interpret engineering drawings.
- Able to use a wide variety of measuring equipment.
- You must have sound technical knowledge of the machine shop and its workings and be able to work with and advise your fellow team members to ensure customer specifications are met at all times.
- Computer literacy and strong communication skills are also essential.
- A strong awareness of health and safety considerations within a machine shop environment.
- Excellent written and spoken English.
- Experience of inputting production data into production business system.
- Desired Criteria:
- Small batch production and one-off orders
- Personal Attributes:
- A good team player capable of delivering results under pressure and to strict deadlines
- Ability to work on your own initiative with the minimum of supervision
- Ability to communicate effectively with clients and colleagues.
- Quality focused.
- Ability to be flexible in hours of work (a must), a positive "can do" enthusiastic attitude towards addressing technical process challenges.
- Flexible approach to working multiple machines, and carrying out in-process assembly