Metalis are once again partnering with a major client who are a specialist in the Oil & Gas industry in the search for time served Commercial Manager. The main purpose of the role will be to assume responsibility for the overall commercial activity of the business and to accelerate quality, service and profitability.
The role will be based primarily at one their 4 UK Sites but may involve travel round the UK to the wider business. Reporting into the Director of Manufacturing we are looking for an experienced candidate ideally from an Oil & Gas or Engineering Firm. You will be an integral part of the future success of the business and a desire for longevity in the role is desired.
- To manage, grow and monitor a successful Sales & Commerical Department supplying accurate and timely bids
- Support in the financial goal setting and budget monitoring.
- Monitor and have an overall picture of the company's commercial activities.
- Support in the tendering and securing of new customers and accounts.
- Negotiation with key stakeholders.
- Be a strong communicator who is confident in delivering presentations to internal and external audiences.
- Ability to interpret customer requirements, specs and docs and be able to challenge anomalies
- Be a strong leader, able to motivate and inspire.
- Work to achieving group wide set Sales based KPI's.
- Building & Maintaining customer relations.
- Track company expenditure and look for efficiencies where possible.
- Support the wider business on commercial related issues.
- Excellent time management and workload planning skills
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Experience working with large clients and securing big contracts.
- Prior knowledge of the Oil & Gas industry.
- Computer literate across a number of well known packages.
Within this role we are looking for a candidate who is wanting to see a project across a long term period to nurture sustained growth. This role will suit a commercial manager or someone looking to take the next step in their career to a more senior role.