We currently have a permanent and full time Electrician opportunity available, with our well-established and reputable client based in Barnsley.
The right candidate must be willing to work a three shift pattern; Days, Afters and Nights. Monday to Friday.
Must have up to date and relevant qualifications in Electrical Engineering - Educated to an HNC level or have proven electrical experience in a large Manufacturing environment.
About the Company:
Our client is one of the largest suppliers of steel reinforcement and associated products for concrete. Our client offers long term secure employment in Barnsley. This is a perm position from day one.
You will help produce some of the highest quality finished steel products that can be found in iconic projects such as the Severn Cross, Wembley Stadium and the Shard.
The purpose of the role is to ensure electrical engineering resource, expertise, management and control is available throughout the site's 24 hour operation.
Supporting the Shift Engineer, the candidate will effectively manage and organise all electrical work to ensure maximum productivity through plant reliability and availability.
The main tasks and responsibilities include:
- Accountability for all electrical, electronic, and process control work (planned / breakdown) occurring on the plant.
- Providing first line maintenance/breakdown rectification resource, performing hands-on engineering expertise to deal with the problems safely and effectively, including internal and external plant lighting site wide.
- Managing electrical engineering activities on shift to comply with all internal and external health, safety and environmental requirements, specifically including the Permit to Work System, High Voltage Safety Rules (EIS5) and Isolation and Immobilisation procedures.
- Assisting with the planning of shift activities where particular expertise is required.
- Carrying out and supporting continuous improvement activities when necessary.
- Providing relevant information and reports of plant breakdowns to assist in the completion of Single Event Analysis (SEA), and acting as a member of the team assisting in the implementation of actions to prevent re-occurrences where applicable.
- Ensuring accurate recording within SAP of information relating to engineering issues on shift.
- Working on, or assisting with, work on mechanical systems.
- Leading, coaching and developing other employees, in particular the Electrical Apprentices.
- Maintain all relevant machinery, tools, and equipment and undertake production tasks safely and accordance with instructions
- Complete production activities in order of priority
- Set up or adjust equipment according to manufacturing specifications. Monitor the quality of output to identify, discard or re-manufacture faulty products
- Maintain accurate daily production records so that manufacturing performance can be analysed.
- Driven to work in a demanding and challenging environment.
- Educated to an HNC level or have proven electrical experience in a large Manufacturing environment.
- Able to demonstrate a high level of practical Electrical hands-on skills.
- Able to lead, coach and develop other employees.
- Able to demonstrate a good knowledge of continuous improvement programmes, particularly planned maintenance activities.
- A good communicator, both verbal & written.
- Able to demonstrate good planning skills and problem-solving abilities.
- Able to demonstrate a good working knowledge of the health and safety and environmental policies and plans.
Working Hours: 39 hours. 3 shift pattern: Days, Afters and Nights - Monday to Friday.
Days - 06:00am until 14:00pm
Afters - 14:00pm until 22:00pm
Nights - 22:00pm until 06:00am
One hour less on a Friday
Salary: £35,000 - £36,000 inclusive of shift allowance