We currently have a permanent and full time Forge Stamp/ Press Operative vacancy available. The opportunity is working at a well-known and reputable manufacturing company in Sheffield.
The business boasts one of the most modern and advanced production environments and offers fantastic long term progression opportunities for all team members.
About the Company:
The client are a leading medical manufacturing company at the forefront of providing patients and hospitals with their ever growing product portfolio. Due to their machining and site capabilities they have diversified into additional sectors such as Aerospace.
Due to significant growth the company are looking to add an experienced Forge Press/ Stamping Operative within their experienced team. The opportunity would be ideal for anyone who has experience working within heavy engineering, within a forging/casting environment.
- Operates and direct press hammer
- Repositioning of workpiece between strokes
- Using forging tools to shape and cut the metal as required
- Bends and shape the metal by hand forging methods using hammers, punches, drifts and other hand tools
- Good eye for detail and Health and Safety conscious
- A sound education (or apprentice trained) in a heavy steel/ industrial manufacturing environment
- Experienced Forge Stamp/ Press experience
- Skilled In dealing with problems in a resourceful manner and negotiating to achieve beneficial agreement.
- Enthusiastic to learn and undertake new challenges
- Flexible working hours to meet production demands as overtime maybe required at an enhanced hourly rate.
Working Hours: Monday to Friday - 2 shift pattern (Days and After's)
Hourly Rate: Up to £11.33 p/h subject to experience (Shift premium paid on top of standard rate)
Overtime is paid at a premium rate and given the current output there may be an opportunity to work this from time to time.