Metalis are working with a world leader of engineering solutions that can be found all around you. This particular site, specialises in polymer solutions for the marine industry and offshore installations.
They are looking for a permanent global service and commission engineer to join their team, as a key member of the Field Services Delivery and Support department. The overview of the role will be to coordinate, install, maintain, repair and service their range of electronic hardware/software-based control and safety systems at customer sites worldwide.
The role will be based just outside of Chester however this is a vital customer-facing hands-on engineering role which may be undertaken in shipyards, on board ships, offshore installations, or terminal installations anywhere in the world up to 70% of the time.
Tasks & Responsibilities:
- On-site coordination, installation, commissioning, repair, modification and troubleshooting of all products.
- Routine Maintenance tasks e.g., Site Surveys, Technical Audits, System Health Checks, Spares Management, Obsolescence Reporting, System and software upgrades.
- Helping customers to fault-find and resolve problems via telephone, remote access, email etc. and where required, to respond to the customer's site to carry out emergency repairs; This will include 'out-of-hours' work.
- Customer technical liaison including conducting System and Site tests before acceptance.
- Completion of pre-mobilization documentation; detailed Technical Customer Service Reports and other project documentation.
- In-house testing of products as well as being responsible for Customer Factory Acceptance test and Site Acceptance tests.
- Internal support to other departments including Systems engineering and the Design departments.
- Training of customer technical representatives including managers, superintendents, maintenance engineers and operators.
- Training of new staff members as well as staff members who may visit the UK office from regional offices.
- Assist, when vital, in the development or upgrading of internal service / department procedures and documentation. Organisation of logistics and project preparation for Customer visits.
- Maintain and update Customer project files to a high standard after Customer visit.
- Discuss and recommend technical solutions with Customer and Project Manager.
- Accurate updating of the install data base.
- Must have one of the following as minimum, HNC/HND/B.Sc./B.Eng in Electronic Engineering or equivalent proficiency. Prior experience preferably within service and commissioning engineering, ideally in the marine or Oil & Gas sector (will consider candidates from utilities and similar heavy industry Sectors).
- Site-based experience in electronic / electrical / software (SCADA, PLC or DCS) control and / or safety systems maintenance, fault finding, repair, modification (including wiring and fitting / assembly), testing and commissioning.
- Understanding of basics in analogue / digital design, power supplies and distribution annunciators, Networks/comms etc. and/or PLC/DCS software programming capabilities.
- Demonstrable understanding of sophisticated hazardous area equipment and zones (EN60079 - EN80079) or equivalent.
- Capability to analyse and follow schematics and technical drawings in fault-finding to component level.
- Sophisticated written and verbal communication skills (English) and able to collaborate closely with customers in territories, worldwide.
- Be able to lift/carry approx. 30 kg of equipment or equivalent- reasonable adjustments can be made.
- Commercial awareness of project costs, time management and the associated control thereof. It is required that the individual in this role will be responsible for handling their tasks in accordance with the programme and quality requirements, ensuring that quality & health safety procedures are always adhered to.
- A current driving licence and current Passport.
- A DBS check may be required for this role to ensure there are no travel restrictions linked to visa applications.
- £40,000-£45,000 per annum dependant on experience
- Company pension
- Life assurance
- To work for a well-established and progressive company