An opportunity has arisen for an experienced Environmental Health and Safety Manager to join a Global Industrial Manufacturing business.
Our client develops and produces a wide array of components and technologies.
Their coating solutions are engineered for specific, highly-demanding applications. Globally, they utilise the latest coating, lamination, and hot melt technologies to achieve multiple material performance objectives.
Starting at £40,000 per annum
Standard days, Monday to Friday
Summary of Role:
- To ensure safety in the workplace and that employees follow environment, health and safety laws and guidelines
- Use your knowledge and skills to promote a positive health and safety culture in the workplace
- Ensure that employers and workers comply with safety legislation and that safety policies and practices are adopted and adhered to
- Evaluate practices, procedures and facilities to assess risks and adherence to the law
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Carry out risk assessments and consider how risks could be reduced.
- Provide training to relevant employees on undertaking risk assessments.
- Outline safe operational procedures which identify and take into account all relevant hazards.
- Carry out regular site inspections to check policies and procedures are being properly implemented and support managers where corrective actions are required.
- Ensure working practices are safe and comply with legislation at their Nottingham site..
- Prepare health and safety strategies and develop internal policy.
- Lead in-house training with managers and employees about health and safety issues and risks.
- Keep records of inspection findings and produce reports that suggest improvements.
- Record incidents and accidents and produce statistics for management.
- Keep up to date with new legislation and maintain a working knowledge of all Health and Safety Executive (HSE) legislation and any developments that affect the employer's industry.
- Produce H&S Management Reports.
- Undertake and maintain all COSHH assessments on site.
- Ensure equipment is installed safely in conjunction with contractors complying with all H&S legislation.
- Manage and organise the safe disposal of hazardous substances, e.g. chemical waste.
- Advise on a range of specialist areas, e.g. fire regulations, hazardous substances, noise, safeguarding machinery and occupational diseases.
- Review and update Fire Risk Assessments across the site
- Lead energy improvement initiatives
- Act as Internal Auditor for the site's Management Systems
- Ensure that the IPPC permit requirements are met
- Initiate improvements to the Environmental Management System / ISO14001 accreditation
- NEBOSH National Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety
- BSc/BA in Safety Management or relevant field is desirable
- Background experience in a manufacturing and engineering environment is essential
- Proven experience as a H&S Manager
- Proven experience of Environmental Management Systems