Salary £35,000 - £40,000 per annum
Full Time and Permanent
Metalis are currently supporting a busy service centre who require a Works Supervisor for their busy engineering workshop.
Working alongside the workshop manager you will overseeing a productive workshop that includes manual machining, mechanical assembly/fitting, welding, electrical assembly, painting booths, testing bays and more.
This engineering workshop consists of around 20 employees of all different skills, alongside field-based engineers who are in-out of the factory.
- Ensuring that hydraulics components are manufactured to a high standard and quality across all departments
- Accountability for jobs coming into the factory and leaving in a timely manner
- Responsibility for all cells, including manual machining, mechanical assembly/fitting, welding, electrical assembly, painting and testing bays
- To plan and manage a productive workshop environment
- Working alongside senior management to ensure bottle necks and production issues are rectified in a timely and efficient manner
- Adapt and improving the workshop with positive changes to enhance production
- Involvement of hiring and interviewing skilled workshop engineers
- Managing departmental discipline, holidays, sickness, and absence, etc
- Provide strong Leadership, support and guidance
- This is a very varied job role and ideally, we are looking for someone who possesses strong manual machine shop experience
- Experience in a management/supervisory role of a workshop or similar environment
- Strong working knowledge of quality control in engineering
- £35 000 - £40,000 per annum basic salary
- 33 holiday days per year
- Christmas shutdown and closure
- Sick pay
- Day's work hours: 08.00am - 4.30pm