Metalis Engineering Recruitment are partnering with a prestigious manufacturing company based in the S9 area of Sheffield. A major player in the Oil & Gas industry our client is looking for a Manual Turner/ Manual Lathe Operator to join their busy manufacturing Department.
Previous experience in a similar role is essential however, you will be expected to have a sound knowledge or engineering or manufacturing. If you're looking to move from a job into one that offers geniune career progression and a company that values investment within the steelworks industry we'd like to hear from you.
You will be working on a 2shift pattern as seen below:
Days 08:30-16:30pm - Monday - Friday
Nights 8pm-6am - Monday - Thursday.
Starting pay is £12 - £13 depending on experience with extra shift allowances for Night Shifts (33%).
- Loading and unloading medium to large work pieces on/from lathe.
- Performing turning, boring, trepanning, roughing and finishing operations.
- Checking finished pieces to ensure compliance with technical drawings.
- Carrying out maintenance of turning lathe and tools.
- Cleaning turning lathe and work area.
- Drilling, trepanning, boring and radius forming.
Please get in contact if you feel this role is for you or would like to know more information on the role.