Are you a Manual Turner or a Manual Miller looking for a new challenge/ opportunity. We have an immediate starting, Days regular position available for both!
The company are a full turn-key business and you core function of the role is to produce precision parts from engineering drawings using manual lathes and milling machines.
The parts to be produced vary in size but typically will including shafts up to 200mm in diameter and 4 metres in length, and drums up to 1 metre in diameter and 2 metres in length.
- Reading, interpreting and working to detailed engineering drawings
- Setting up and operating machine tools to produce precision parts.
- Working to standard machining tolerances.
- Ensuring that manufacturing work is planned and carried out efficiently.
- Slinging, lifting and operation of overhead crane.
- Responsible for the quality of work produced and ensuring that all relevant quality procedures are understood and adhered to.
- Ensuring that all machinery and equipment is checked regularly and day to day maintenance carried out.
Skills & Experience Required:
- Apprentice Trained
- Manual Machining
- Turning / Milling
- Overhead Crane Experience
- Ability to produce precision parts from engineering drawings
- Work under own initiative with the aid of typical engineering measuring equipment
Experience in the following areas would be beneficial:
- Milling/ Turning
- Assembly / Fitting
- First Aid
- Fork Lift Truck
Hours of Work:
- 8.00am to 4.30pm Monday to Thursday
- 8.00am to 1.00pm Friday
- Occasional shift working will be required
- 25 Days Annual Holiday (plus standard public)
- Birthday Holiday
- 4 x Annual Salary Life Insurance
- Employee Benefits Access