Working once again with a successful Wakefield based company who are experiencing another stint of growth due to even more very high profile engineering contracts being won.
They are looking to add two mechanical fitters to their team on a permanent basis to keep up with current workload .
* Working as part of a fitting team to build machinery from individual components
* Hydraulic pipework assistance if required
* Kitting of manufactured and bought-out parts into subassemblies prior to fitting
* Maintenance of buildings or machinery if required
* Mechanical build of manufactured and bought-out parts into sub-assemblies
* Safe use of lifting equipment for moving and fitting large components and sub-assemblies (up to 40T)
* Manual handling of components and sub-assemblies
* Safe use of machinery (such as fork lift trucks, cherry pickers and scissor lifts)
* Working at heights whilst observing health and safety requirements
* Ensuring that assembly work is effectively carried out to high quality standards
* Observe and comply with health & safety requirements at all times
* Actively pursue continuous improvements in assembly methods and techniques and make recommendations for their implementation when appropriate
* Maintain tidiness in the workplace and good standards of housekeeping
* Take care of company measuring equipment and report on any items out of calibration
* Participate in training and/or mentoring of other employees when required.
* Provide cover for other duties and offer assistance in other areas as requested by the Production Manager.
* Be willing to learn new duties outside the normal function
Monday-Friday- Days Regular- £28 000- £31 000 plus benefits
Overtime: Applicable in accordance with the rates shown below.
Death in Service Benefit: 4 x Annual Salary (eligible after probation has been completed)
Pension Scheme: Legal & General - 4% employee, 3% employer contributions - enrolment upon commencement of employment.
Holiday Entitlement: 33 days inclusive of the usual Public Holidays (holiday year runs 1 April to 31 March)
Company Sick Pay: 8 weeks full pay in any 12 month rolling period
(eligible for company sick pay after completion of 12 months service)
Perkbox: Access to the employee benefits package Perkbox which provides a wide range of discounts and other benefits such as a free cinema ticket every month and a free drink at Café Nero every 7 days.
Birthday Holiday: 1 additional day holiday entitlement for your birthday each year. Terms and conditions are available from the HR department.
Monday to Friday: Standard Rate Per Hour x 1.33
Saturday: Standard Rate Per Hour x 1.5
Sunday/Bank Holiday: Standard Rate Per Hour x 2.0