Metalis are working with a manufacturer in Alfreton who manufacture solutions for the chemical industry, are looking to add to their team by recruiting for an operations manager.
The Operations Assistant will have overall responsibility for the day to day operations of the company relative to manufacture and despatch of goods and the role will therefore bring all areas of the business involved in the production together to achieve deadlines.
We are looking for someone with a purchasing or buying background, who is able to motivate a production team as well as plan for the weeks production schedule.
You will need to be proactive at raising issues/queries and bringing solutions to the business.
You will be responsible for organising and motivating staff available to complete work to deadlines and therefore must prioritise workload so that deadlines are achieved. You will need to plan for the following day's production before you leave for the day to ensure smooth running of production.
In order to achieve daily, weekly and monthly deadlines it will be necessary to plan ahead and view the bigger picture.
You are responsible for maintaining the Company's requirements relative to standards of work, health and safety, adherence to policies and goals within the team you are responsible for.
- Purchasing & Stock Control
- Production Planning
- Overseeing production
- Managing goods in
- Overseeing Despatch
- Equipment and site tidiness and cleanliness
- We are looking for someone who is approachable, compassionate, diplomatic, and professional at all times.
- Organisation is key to this role and the suitable applicant must be able to multitask to handle competing priorities.
- Have the ability to adapt quickly to changing circumstances and expectations and be able to use initiative when instant decisions are required.
- Negotiation skills - being able to negotiate with diplomacy and tact.
- A confident communicator able to effectively engage and influence suppliers, and colleagues at all levels of the business.
Hours of work: 7.30 - 5pm Monday - Thursday - 7.30 - 4.30pm on a Friday
Holidays - 30 days including banks, rising to 35 days after 5 years
Sickness - 1 week fully paid, then SSP (after first year's employment)