We currently have a permanent and full time Production Operator/Inspector opportunity available, with our well-established and reputable client based in Sheffield.
The right candidate must be willing to work standard days but occasional shift flexibility may be required.
About the Company:
Our client is a well-established manufacturing company based in Sheffield who operate from several UK and international sites. Due to a busy order book and an increase in production they are currently requiring a CNC Machine Operator to join their team.
The successful candidate will cover the final ops needed to manufacture our parts. These include:
- Bench fitting
- Inspection work to fine tolerances.
- Micro finishing/ Polishing.
- Dynamic balancing.
- Ultrasonic Washing.
- Experience working in an engineering environment.
- Use of measuring equipment including Comparators, Verniers, micrometres, gauges.
- Knowledge and experience of CNC controls are advantageous but not a necessity.
- An Engineering apprenticeship would be advantageous but not a necessity.
- Ability to understand engineering drawings/ operation and method sheets.
- Documents actions by completing production and quality logs
- Experience working with Standard Operating Procedures.
- Ability to work under pressure.
Working Hours: 37.5 hours a week, Monday to Friday. Shift patterns are days but occasional flexibility may be required; may be asked to cover typical morning and afternoon shifts in response to business needs.
Salary: £17,675 - £25,348 per annum basic, dependant upon experience. Shift allowance is in addition to the salary rate and is as follows:
Morning shift: £35.79 per week
Afternoon shift: £37.60 per week
Night shift (unlikely but included for info): £73.38 per week