Our highly reputable and global client requires an experienced Production Planner to help deliver the project development and implementation of the Production Planning & Control function.
In this role you will be responsible for developing, creating, executing and monitoring work schedules, capacity planning and KPI's across the business, ensuring the smooth and efficient operation of machine shop, sub assembly and final assembly. A key aspect of the role will be to identify, intergrate and support additional Production Planning techniques. This role will be looking at the machine shop side of the business mainly and may touch on the assembly and finished product departments.
Job Responsibilities / Key Accountabilities
- Construction, roll-out and support of the MPS
- In depth Capacity Planning, reporting and recommendations.
- Ensure inventory levels are in order to deliver target.
- Resolution of material availability issues.
- Update and maintain accurate weekly planning meetings
- Stakeholder management (internal)
- Generate weekly / monthly KPIs
- Identify risk areas related to material shortages or production capacity to meet schedule and provide recovery plan
- Release of production orders in a timely and efficient manner
- Execute exception messages and realignment of mis aligned work orders and operations
- Ensure any changes from Engineering are adhered to in SAP
- Highlight bottlenecks, issues or any slippages and advise actions.
- Monitor progress and minimize schedule impacts
- Maintain SAP data integrity
Job Requirements / Knowledge and Experience
- 5 years+ experience working in production planning, preferably in a manufacturing environment
- Good knowledge of MRP/ERP concepts, processes & systems
- Strong IT capabilities (Excel in particular)
- Excellent communicator
- Strong proven SAP knowledge
- Strong logistics, organisational skills and planning concepts