MAIN FUNCTION & SCOPE OF JOB:
Responsible to the Operations Director for the efficient management, control and development of the Service activities.
MAIN DUTIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Responsibility for the technical management of the service department.
- Managing and developing the service team and providing technical support, coaching, training and mentoring the service team as required.
- Overall responsibility for the enquiry-quote-order life cycle for all service jobs.
- Working directly with the Sales Team to improve sales and profitability.
- Liaising with customers to ensure the correct technical solution is provided and customer's problems are resolved.
- Researching market potential, identifying opportunities and developing both current and potentially new markets in line with the Company's growth strategy.
- Identifying and building relationships with the decision makers across the customer base.
- Increasing market penetration and widening the customer base to increase sales and protect margins.
- Ensuring team members/service engineers portray a professional image in representation of the Company.
- Playing a significant role in long-term business planning, including initiatives geared towards operational improvements.
- Preparation and presentation of realistic sales forecasts/targets on an annual basis.
- Ensuring that sales forecasts and targets are met by the service team in support of the group.
- Liaising with other departments Service Manager to ensure optimal utilisation of the Group's service resources.
- Reviewing customer supplied project specifications/drawings and using this information to prepare proposals, ensuring compliance with the customer's requirements.
- Visiting customer sites to evaluate service requirements and gather all information required for the purpose of preparing proposals.
- Supporting the sales team in the field with effective analysis of customer requirements and positioning of service solutions to meet those needs.
- Ensuring effective communication with other departments within Group Rhodes to facilitate rapid resolution of issues raised by customers.
- Engaging with the Design Office to provide feedback on maintainability, manufacturability and design for service.
- Creating and maintaining Service Inspection Reports (if required, in customer specified format).
- Conducting training sessions and providing "on-the-job" training to Service Engineers as required.
- Actively supporting the company's Health & Safety, Quality and Environmental policies.
- Maintaining a safe and efficient working environment for all staff.
- Assisting in other areas and undertake additional duties as requested by the Operations Director.