Metalis are working with one of the worlds largest and well respected provider of heat treatment services, operating an international network servicing a wide range of industries including aerospace, defence, automotive, power generation, oil & gas, construction, medical and transportation. This will give the right candidate a progressive career path within a well established company.
They are looking for a permanent shift maintenance engineer to join their team in Macclesfield.
- Ensure all site engineering activity complies with Health & Safety procedures.
- Carry our all repairs to equipment on site.
- Control and carry out planned and preventive maintenance tasks, and all statutory requirements on time and recorded accurately.
- Log all non-conformances, faults & errors onto the Computerised Maintenance Management System.
- Control Engineering Budget for site.
- Ensuring all site departments comply with the Computerised Maintenance Management System.
- Management of all contractors ensuring adherence to Site specific health and safety procedures and permit systems.
- Manage any Projects on your site as directed by the UK Engineering Manager/Deputy.
- Management of critical spares ensuring spare equipment is maintained in good order & repaired promptly.
- Carry out risk assessments/safe systems of work when required.
- Attend call outs, sometimes as part of a rota but dependant on manpower, sickness & holidays.
- Communicate with all stakeholders, about breakdowns, projects, health & safety, budgets etc and provide regular reports.
- When requested attend any UK site to aid the Site Engineers in major reactive tasks.
- Electrical qualification is essential together with mechanical aptitude.
- Flexibility to working hours to react to breakdowns/contractor supervision etc.
- City & Guilds/BTEC Qualification in Engineering or similar.
- Pension - match contribution 4 - 10%.
- Life assurance.
- Free parking on all sites.
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays.