Our prestigious and reputable client based in Sheffield, require a mechanically minded hands-on Toolmaker to join their maintenance team specifically in the upkeep of their press shop section.
Any previous tool making/refurbing skills or press setting skills would be advantageous but not necessary as all their equipment is bespoke, so in-house training would be provided.
£11-£12ph or up to £13ph dependant upon experience.
HOURS: 40 hours
Days regular, Monday to Friday.
6am until 2pm or 7am until 3pm
The role will consist of day-to-day involvement within all aspects of the Press shop production area, consisting of:
- Maintain all press tools to a usable working condition
- Repair all press tools after production runs
- Refurb all press tools back to a usable condition once out of the correct working limits
- Maintain all press shop equipment e.g - Power presses, de-coilers, marking machines etc.
- Setting of power presses
- Setting of manual bevelling machines
- Assist in the setting and running of robotics
- Inspection and packing of parts
- Assist with factory wide maintenance if needed or have availability
- General factory duties
All training will be provided and progression within the role will be reviewed regularly.
This list is not exhaustive and there may be other allied functions which you would be required to undertake as befits the responsibility of the position.