Metalis are working with one of the UK's leading manufacturers of generator and power equipment. With a client base that includes many blue chip and household name brands across sectors such as telecoms, pharmaceutical, defence, health care and many more.
As a UPS Technician, you can expect your days to involve travelling to various client sites across the South East of England, (and sometimes further afield,) carrying out installation, commissioning, planned and reactive maintenance operations. Occasional overnight stays are required but usually you would be based from home.
Currently the work is split roughly 60:40 Projects to Service work. Projects work involves installation of new equipment, commissioning and replacement of end-of-life products. Service work is primarily planned/preventative maintenance along with remedial and repairs.
- Apprentice trained in a electrical or electronic discipline
- Flexible attitude to work overtime when necessary
- Good knowledge of health & safety
- City & Guilds 18th or 19th edition
- Basic salary of between £35,000-£38,000 (plus overtime OTE of £45,000-£50,000)
- Overtime rates
- 23 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Workplace pension
- Private health care
- Death in service benefit
- Company van
- Tools provided
- Meal allowance during overnight stays