Metalis is working in partnership with a specialist engineering business based in Pinxton who are looking for a Welder / Maintenance Fitter to join their expanding team.
The successful Welder / Fitter will join the on call break down team to provide 24-hour cover to a busy workshop.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Carrying out all general fabrication work on site and within the workshop
- Fabricating & Welding frames
- Replacing all worn pumps and pipework
- Attending on site breakdowns
- Working from engineering drawings & specifications
- 2 shift pattern
- Shifts: Days 6am - 2pm, Afternoons 1pm - 9pm
- £12.50ph during training and then £14ph after 3-month probationary period has been passed
- 12 week temporary (probationary period) - permanent role
- Skilled Welder Fabricator
- Attention to detail is essential
- Ability to prioritise and manage workload.
- Good communication skills at all levels, including management.
- Ability to understand and undertake both written and verbal instructions
- Good understanding of the Health & Safety requirements in a foundry warehouse environment