CAD CAM Engineer
Oldham, Permanent Vacancy
£37,500.00-£45,000.00 per year
Metalis are currently supporting an Oldham based sheet metal company with world class manufacturing facilities. In recent years the organisation has invested millions into the latest machinery and technology.
The company serve into a wide range of industries and sectors ranging from Rail, Military of Defence, Retail and more. Due to expansion, the company are looking to hire a full time and permanent CAD / CAM Engineer.
Work hours are flexible, allowing you to choose either of the following shift patterns:
Monday - Thursday (7:45am - 6pm) or Mon - Friday (8am - 5pm Mon - Thurs & 8am - 1pm Friday)
The company are looking to hire a CAD / CAM Engineer to join their team. Your role will include liaising with customers/staff to produce manufacturing Solidworks drawings for general sheet metal projects.
You will be involved with planning parts/assemblies to create BOM's and quotations. The candidate will also be expected to create parts for CAM.
- Produce accurate Solidworks drawings for general sheet metal projects through effective communication and collaboration with customers and staff.
- Plan parts and assemblies to create Bills of Materials (BOMs) and quotations, contributing to the overall project planning and costing process.
- Create parts for CAM using relevant software, ensuring seamless integration into the manufacturing workflow.
- Ensure the accuracy and quality of technical documentation, adhering to industry standards and company specifications.
- Work closely with the production team to address any design or manufacturing issues, ensuring smooth project execution.
- You must come from a sheet metal background
- Proficient in Solidworks software
- CAM software experience
- Good work ethic & attitude
- Good spoken & written English and Maths
- An engineering qualification is beneficial but will consider experience
If you feel as though you have the background, skills and experience for this CAD CAM engineer role then please apply Today with your latest CV. A recruitment consultant will be in touch with all successful applications to discuss the company and role in more detail.