We currently have a permanent and full time CNC Machine Operator opportunity available, with our well-established and reputable client based in Sheffield.
The right candidate must be willing to work two shift patterns - Mornings and afternoons
About the Company:
Our client is a well-established manufacturing company based in Sheffield who operate from several UK and international sites. Due to a busy order book and an increase in production they are currently requiring a multi skilled maintenance engineer to join their team.
- Operating CNC Lathes and machining centres manufacturing parts to satisfy existing orders
- Helping to develop prototype parts for potential new business'
- Verify conformity of parts using gauges - sending first off parts for CMM measurement
- Experience working in an engineering environment is essential
- Self motivated and positive attitude
- Having CMM experience is essential
- Programming experience would be advantageous
- A sound understanding of both manual and CNC Turning and Milling is essential
- The ability to understand and translate engineer drawings is essential
- Experience working on Mazak machining centres and CNC Lathes (Siemens & Fanuc operating systems) would be advantageous
- Ability to work under pressure
Working Hours: 37.5 hours a week, Monday to Friday. Shift patterns are mornings and afternoon.
Salary: £20,705 - £25,591 per annum basic, dependant upon experience. Shift allowance is in addition to the salary rate and is as follows:
Morning shift: £35.79 per week
Afternoon shift: £37.60 per week