Job Title Despatch Operative
Metalis are working with a prestigious manufacturing company who are major players in the oil and gas industry. Based in S9 (Sheffield), they're looking for someone to join their busy dispatch team:
Duties and Responsibilities
- Process orders in accordance with works instructions. Including correct packaging of material when requested ensuring acknowledged delivery dates are maintained.
- Load/unload vehicles in a safe manner ensuring a safe working environment and transport resources are utilised appropriately.
- Liaise with production schedulers to ensure coordination of orders and maintain delivery promises.
- Strong attention to detail
- Crane driving/slinging/manual handling/ forklift competency
- Effective communication
Job Requirements Qualifications
- Previous experience of working in an engineering environment
- Understanding of job scheduling/date priorities.
- Sound understanding of H&S procedures
Salary, Hours and Benefits:
- Days/Nights Rotational 40 hours per week
- £9.50 - £10.17 per hour plus premium shift allowance
- Up to £21k per annum
- 25 days annual leave per annum (pro rata Jan-Dec) plus recognised public holidays
- 4% employer pension contribution
- Life Assurance Policy - 3 x annual salary
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Free and secure onsite parking