We currently have a permanent and full time Grinding opportunity available, with a well-established and reputable precision engineering company based in Sheffield
The right candidate must be willing to work a rotating shift pattern of four days and four nights - Monday to Thursday.
Boasting a modern and advanced environment and an excellent competitive salary for all employees.
About the Company:
Our client is one of the Europe's leading manufacturers in precision engineering and having achieved significant growth recently, with ambitious plans to achieve further growth and expansion within the near future, they are now looking to add a highly skilled Line Grinder with a background in Blade Grinding and Machine Knives, to join their hardworking personnel in a modern factory.
- Operation of open sided (Snow & Segmental) surface grinding machines to high standard of quality and productivity.
- Familiar with using basic measuring equipment
- Adherence to company Health and Safety Policy.
- Maintenance of shop floor housekeeping standards.
- Proven ability to read and interpret complex product drawings including geometrical tolerances and symbols for machining
- Proven ability to work to tight, accurate tolerances e.g. +/-0.025mm (0.001"), // to 0.025mm (0.001") (with ambition to work to 0.005mm on certain products.
- Proven ability to work to tight, accurate angular tolerances on shear / chamfer faces on certain products.
- Understanding the concept of two and three siding
- Understanding grinding thickness, width and ends to size on rectangular and square steel section
- Ability to operate 1 or 2 machines where safe and practicable or work within a cell operation
Working Hours: 35 Hours basic, Monday to Thursday. 2 shift pattern (Days and Nights).
Hourly rate between £11.84 p/h to £16.59 p/h subject to experience.