Metalis Engineering Recruitment are working with a world leading supplier to various high profile industries, they currently have an opportunity for a Machine Operative/ Manual Turner.
The role will produce and manufacture products for their products to design and the customer standards and expectations.
Purpose of role
- Support the Production Team to complete any jobs in manufacturing of products.
- Cut down Bar stock by means of operating band saw.
- Operate Lathes, using modern methods required are drill, Tap and face up stock.
- Complete all tasks of anode manufacture to current job card and drawing requirements prior to ex-works date, sign off job.
- Assist Production Team to maintain stocks at viable levels.
- Report to the Production team any defects with equipment and storage racking within the area.
- Report near misses on department daily team board.
- Assist with saw requirements upon request.
- Assist with Boxing when demand requires it or instructed to do so by the Production team.
- Assist Production Team with job progression with T-Card and/or any other planning system.
- Operate forklift truck in all areas is desirable.
- When required reporting any concerns to the Production Manager.
Key Functional Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Main tasks, but not limited to, are cutting/turning bar stock, rolling sheet metal to deliver to the assembly department of corrosion products in the machine shop.
- Ensure that all Job cards are delivered by the set deadlines.
- complete route cards for materials.
- Provide support for all of Production if required.
- Help QA and QC activities and initiatives within manufacture and production, as well as helping carry out the annual stock take.
- Work with Production team to ensure the correct level of materials are available when required at all times.
- Ensure each team board is updated daily with any issues, addressing the departmental KPI's positively each day.
- Ensure you operate safely and respecting company H&S policies at all times.
- Address departmental daily 5S requirements.
- Ensure the department is kept clean and tidy and end of shift checks are completed daily.
- Continually improve the department and ensure any pertinent improvement actions are implemented.
- Actively find ways to improve Quality, Cost and Delivery (QCD).
- Provide any relevant information to warehouse / despatch teams.