We currently have a permanent and full time Maintenance Engineer opportunity available, with our well-established and reputable client based in Sheffield.
The right candidate must be willing to work standard days but occasional shift flexibility may be required.
Candidates with electrical, mechanical and multi-skilled experience is advantageous
About the Company:
Our client is a well-established manufacturing company based in Sheffield who operate from several UK and international sites. Due to a busy order book and an increase in production they are currently requiring a multi skilled maintenance engineer to join their team.
In this role you will be reporting to the Plant Manager and will be responsible for:
- Maintaining plant and equipment (mechanical and electrical duties)
- Responding to reactive equipment failures
- Planned preventative maintenance tasks
- Working on a variety of machines and controls including Siemens S5, Siemens S7, Fanuc and Mitsubishi
- Ensuring that health, safety and environmental procedures and policies are followed as per requirements
- Diagnose and remedy equipment/plant faults, and minimise plant downtime
- Ensure all breakdowns are carried out constructively and accurately
- Ensure all parts required are booked out correctly and recorded as necessary
- Adopt continuous improvement, innovative and pro-active approach to improve ways of working, offering possible solutions wherever possible
- Work closely with production to achieve production needs
- Any additional tasks required by supervisor, reasonably related to skills, knowledge and experience (this may include flexibility to altered shift patterns or in alternate business units on an ad hoc basis)
- BTEC qualified in an electrical engineering discipline and/or relevant experience, training or certification
- Minimum 3 years' experience within a medium/heavy manufacturing environment, although other modern industrial environments would be considered
- Demonstrable hands-on knowledge of electrical and PLC control systems (advantageous)
- The successful candidate will be proactive & self-motivated.
- Work under own initiative with minimal supervision
The company may consider those who are solely electrically skilled or mechanically skilled, however their preference would be a multi-skilled engineer.
Working Hours: 37.5 hours a week, Monday to Friday. Shift patterns are days but occasional flexibility may be required; may be asked to cover typical morning and afternoon shifts in response to business needs.
Salary: £18,000 - £34,000 per annum basic, dependant upon experience. Shift allowance is in addition to the salary rate and is as follows:
Morning shift: £35.79 per week
Afternoon shift: £37.60 per week