We are currently working with a reputable and well known client based in Sheffield, who specialise in the manufacture of components for a variety of industrial sectors.
This family run business are known for investing in their staff, to encourage knowledge, learning and self-development. This is a role with huge potential for progression.
The successful candidate must be willing to work days and afternoons on a rotating shift pattern -
Monday - Friday 06.00am - 14.00pm
Afters: Monday - Thursday 13.50pm - 22.20pm and early finish on Friday 13.50pm - 19.50pm
Range - £10.20 - £12.50 depending on experience
Company Pension Scheme, Healthcare Scheme, full training given, pathways for progression
As a machine setter, the right candidate will have experience as a machine operator and will be mechanically minded and have the ability to troubleshoot multiple issues. They will set machines accurately, maintaining quality and efficiency throughout.
Due to the specialist nature of the machines, full training will be given to the right candidate although previous experience would be advantageous. Applicants should be able to demonstrate good mechanical skills gained in an engineering background. This vacancy may suit candidates from a mechanical manufacturing environment.
The role of machine setter will include a full training package with salary increases in line with skills increases. Pathways for progression from Machine Setter up to Senior Setter status and beyond.
Responsibilities once validated and/or trained:
- Set machines within timeframes ensuring they produce parts and run efficiently.
- Assist operators on requirements of the process.
- Manufacture product used in consumer electrical products and in the automotive industry
- Report any issues to the management team
- Maintain production targets
- Carry out regular quality checks on our products
- Ensure machines, spares and auxiliary equipment are kept at the required levels for maximum efficiency for the duration of your shift
Essential Skills & Abilities:
- Machine setting experience within manufacturing sector
- Experience of setting and operating technical machinery.
- Demonstrate excellent attention to detail
- Methodical and logical
- Good numeracy and literacy skills are important, in order to keep clear and precise records
- Team player but can also work on your own initiative when required
- Contribute to the team to ensure that our customers receive top quality products, meeting delivery targets
- Ability to read engineering drawings
- Experience with measuring equipment
- Machine operator experience
Preferred Skills & Abilities:
- Knowledge at any level of Auto-Rivot, Multislide and power press machinery
- Engineering experience