The Project Manager is a key position within a busy projects team working on capital investment projects with international customers in food, pharma, and chemical manufacturing sectors. This role is highly dependent upon excellent communication and project management skills, along with a thorough understanding of mechanical engineering and its application in to hygienic and manufacturing environments, on time and on budget.
Responsible for all areas of the project including liaising with suppliers, conducting risk assessments, working closely with our design engineers and consultants and most importantly delivering exceptional customer communication throughout the project life cycle.
- To be responsible for the technical integrity and development of the product ranges.
- Provide pre order advice and technical support for customers and sales when requested
- Production of GA's for approval by client
- Managing the supply of parts for projects
- Site meetings as required
- Production of technical documentation to support projects
- Production of FAT/SAT protocols for projects and planning for these
- Working closely with the Product Quality and Compliance Manager to implement and maintain the Standardisation Programme.
- Follow and maintain the Gateway Process for project management
- To work to project costs and timescales and not exceed tender/varied allowance
- Ensure all applications for stage payments are made on time
- To work to, improve and implement quality project management processes
- Updating Production Spreadsheets weekly in line with request from Finance
- Understanding and adherence to LEAN process, working within an ISO9001 framework.
- Maintain good client relationships at all levels
- To assist in the development of new staff in the division
- Carrying out regular team meetings to clear obstacles, react and implement change where required and instil accountability for actions needed to deliver to project plan and budget
- Planning engineering / drawing schedules
- Planning Manufacturing schedules - with Production Manager
- Planning assembly schedules - with Production Manager
- Building and maintaining relationships with all key internal and external stakeholders.
- Regular reporting on key performance indicators to the Management Team and the Board to help develop strategies for improvement and manage performance to company targets.
- Excellent mechanical engineering knowledge and understanding
- Strength of character to take responsibility and lead the teams with passion and energy, maintaining high expectations for performance delivery
- A passion for quality standards and continuous improvement and learning
- Ability to work at a strategic level applying skills, knowledge and experience to the future development of our products
- Strong commercial awareness
- Ensure personal development and accountability are maintained
- A great ambassador for the company at all levels and understanding of how all processes impact upon the wider business in terms of time and value manufacturing
- Ability to problem solve and make decisions for the good of the company
- Commitment to doing what it takes to be part of a Best of Class team
- Communicate openly and in a professional and timely manner to keep all parties informed appropriately