Job Role: Site Fitter
Shift: Days regular
Salary: £15.00 - £16.50ph dependant on experience
Metalis is currently working with a prestigious manufacturing company who are based in Batley, who are involved in the manufacturing of Structural steelwork, modules, architectural metalwork etc. The company are looking to hire a Skilled Site Fitter on a 12-week temporary to permanent contract.
- Manage & delegate onsite tasks to Semi-skilled fitter, ensuring a productive approach.
- Experience & knowledge in fabricating as well as fitting secondary steelwork & architectural metalwork. (Stairs, balustrading, handrails & glass panels)
- Maintain high standards throughout the project to ensure a quality finish.
- Carry out work in accordance to site pack instructions & information, including; Rams, Drawings, Parts List, Bolt List & hired equipment. Make relevant checks of all information.
- Work to set targets and deadlines given by Site Manager to ensure project is completed on time.
- Work to the given method statement, maintaining a positive attitude to health & safety whilst representing the company.
- Additional works not to be carried out without instruction of Site Manager/Contracts Manager.
- Keep an accurate daily record of all works carried out in a daybook, noting all clients alterations, downtime and the effect of outside influences, communicating with the Site Manager
- Keep an accurate daily record of all works carried out on time sheets.
- Report any issues to Site Manager immediately.
- If works are stopped or stalled for any reason this must be reported immediately to the office.
- Carry out alterations required on site as directed by the Site Manager.
- Ensure all equipment & consumables are prepared and organised before commencement of job.
- Responsible for all tools & equipment in the vehicles ensuring damage or loss promptly using the correct channels.
- Complete any paperwork from the van file on a weekly/monthly basis or as necessary reporting any issues.
- Willing to work extra hours as necessary to ensure projects are completed on time in accordance with the reactive nature of the fabrication/construction industry.
- Fill in timesheets daily, ensure correct hours are located to the correct jobs.
- Ensure that timesheets are readable and handed to the Site Manager at the end of each weekly shift.
- Responsibility for complying with ISO 9001 practices and procedures.
- This list is not exhaustive, and all reasonable requests should be met.
- Full UK Driving Licence
- Slinger Banksman
- Harness Training
Shifts & Salary:
- Days Regular
- Monday - Friday - early finish Fridays
- £15 - £16.50ph
- Regular Overtime available
- Overtime rates