We are currently recruiting for a Technical Sales Engineer within the Automation industry.
The position is to provide complete Sales / Service / Project and Technical Support to a wide range of customers in various industries.
You must have the ability to interact with clients and building relationships is essential as you'll be heavily client-facing.
- Understanding of client service delivery methodology and act as the first line of customer contact and the owner of customer relationships
- Technically competent on a wide range of PLC / SCADA / HMI / Software packages
- Ability to deliver the companies product portfolio - Warranty Support, Telephone / Remote Connection Support, Preventative Maintenance Visits, Field Support, Site Surveys, call-out and Training (Maintenance and Technical)
- Good record keeping and report writing skills to ensure follow-up reports are communicated to customer and internal stakeholders
- Ability to validate and make recommendations to project documentation and project drawings as required
- Flexibility to support customers and when necessary attend customer sites at short notice
- Contribute to the growth and development of the business
Skills / Qualifications:
- Held a previous role in software, PLC or Automation previously - sales/ projects would be an advantage but not essential
- Extensive previous use of multiple PLC platforms
- Extensive previous use of multiple SCADA / HMI platforms
- Wide spread experience in terms of technology
- Wide spread experience in terms of industry
- Controls component knowledge
- Mitsubishi PLC experience
- Time served apprenticeship in Automation & Controls, Mechanical, Electrical Engineering and BTEC / City and Guilds or
- HND / Degree in Automation & Controls / Electrical / Mechanical Engineering or equivalent