Location - Loughborough
Salary - £14.37ph (rising to £14.87ph after probation)
Are you an experienced Welder/Fabricator looking for an exciting opportunity to showcase your skills? Metalis are seeking a talented and motivated individual to join our client's team as a Welder/Fabricator based in Loughborough, UK.
Our client is a reputable engineering firm that specialises in structural steelwork. With a strong commitment to excellence and innovation, they have built a solid reputation for delivering high-quality projects across various sectors. Joining their dynamic team will provide you with ample opportunities for professional growth and contribute to exciting and challenging projects.
- Read and interpret technical drawings, blueprints, and specifications to determine welding and fabrication requirements.
- Perform welding operations, including MIG, TIG, aluminium and stainless welding, to join metal parts accurately and securely.
- Select and set up appropriate welding equipment, tools, and materials for each project.
- Conduct visual inspections to identify welding defects or quality issues and make necessary adjustments.
- Fabricate metal components by cutting, bending, and shaping materials using various fabrication techniques and machinery.
- Collaborate with the engineering and design teams to ensure accurate interpretation of project requirements.
- Assist in the selection and sourcing of materials, ensuring they meet project specifications and quality standards.
- Maintain a clean and organized work area, adhering to safety guidelines and best practices.
- Collaborate effectively with colleagues and communicate progress, challenges, and recommendations in a timely manner.
- Proven experience as a Welder/Fabricator in a fabrication or manufacturing environment.
Must have experience of working within heavy steel industies.
- Proficiency in various welding techniques, including MIG.
- Previous experience welding metal 15mm+
- Strong understanding of metal fabrication techniques, including cutting, bending, and shaping.
- Ability to work on own accord.
- Ability to read and interpret technical drawings, blueprints, and specifications.
- Familiarity with different types of metals, alloys, and their respective welding characteristics.
- Attention to detail and the ability to produce high-quality welds and fabrications.
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to troubleshoot and resolve fabrication issues.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, with good communication and collaboration skills.
Salary & Hours:
- £14.37ph (rising to £14.87ph after probation)
- Days - Monday - Thursday 07:15am - 16:15pm, Friday 07:15am - 12:15pm
- Position Type: Permanent, Full-time
If you are a skilled Welder/Fabricator and think this role may be suitable for you, please apply today!