Metalis are working with a UK based engineering company who work with a broad range of industrial sectors. Based in Nottinghamshire they provide bespoke engineering services to support their customer's on-going requirements for both product supply manufacturing and site-based turnkey projects.
MIG Welders / Fabricators / Platers
Due to winning contracts for the HS2 rail lines they are now currently recruiting for Welders / Fabricators / Platers.
This is a Days regular position working 7.30am - 4.00pm.
Reporting to the management team - you will be responsible for welding assemblies to a high standard (15085 standard). For this role you must be able to read and understand technical drawings.
- Welding on rail products such as train cabs, vehicle bodies, barriers and more
- Gauge's typically range from 3mm - 12mm
- Jig assembly duties
- Following health & safety guidelines
- Ensuring a clean and tidy working environment
- Ability to read from drawings
- Responsible for self-inspection of work
- Ensuring a high quality craftsmanship is maintained
The Ideal Candidate:
- Previous experience either MIG Welding/ Fabricating and Plating
- Willingness to learn new skills
- Work well without constant supervision
- Apprentice trained, previous welding experience serving into the rail industry would be desirable
- Must be able to pass a practical test
- £13.50 per hour starting rate
- Days regular Mon-Friday
- Overtime enhancements paid: Time and 3rd during the week above 38 hours
- Time and Half Saturdays and Double Time Sundays and Bank Holidays
- Global engineering company with progression available