Metalis are currently supporting a growing Oldham based engineering company who are seeking a meticulous and detail-oriented Estimators support assistant.
This is a full-time and permanent position, supporting the Sales Manager with engineering take offs.
Hours are Monday - Thursday 8am-4:30pm and Friday 8am - 3:30pm.
Supporting the Estimator team your role will involve working with estimating and listing of engineering products from pre-written, customer engineering drawings. The successful candidate will play a vital role in interpreting technical drawings, ensuring precision and accuracy in the translation of information for production purposes.
- Understand technical drawings in a detailed and precise manner, translating information into a format usable for production purposes.
- Working alongside a skilled Estimator, you will be aid the development of tenders relevant to projects, maintaining records and processing documents within required timescales.
- You will need to understand each component for pipework, including branches, sockets, valves, manifolds, and pumphouses.
- As your role develops, you will communicate with clients regarding information on the drawings, ensuring clarity and addressing any inquiries.
- You will collaborate with the listing team to provide accurate and timely drawings for planning and shop floor staff.
- Previous experience in interpreting technical drawings, preferably within a construction or engineering context.
- Meticulous attention to detail and the ability to translate technical information accurately.
- Knowledge of components for pipework, including branches, sockets, valves, manifolds, and pumphouses (this would be advantageous but not essential)
- Strong communication skills for effective client liaison and collaboration within the listing team.
If you have the experience and skills for this engineering support role, then please submit your CV for consideration.
A recruitment consultant will be in touch with all successful applications to discuss the company and role in more detail.