Metalis are working with a company who design and manufacture components for the aerospace industry. They have expanded their expertise allowing them to deliver a huge range of engineering solutions for the Aerospace, Marine, Energy and Automotive sectors.
They are looking for a permanent Plater/Welder to join their team on a days regular basis due to an increasing order book. To undertake MIG and TIG welding to a high standard.
- To carry out plating and welding duties under the direct instruction of the Team Leader to meet cost and delivery targets.
- To identify, and where possible offer solutions to fabrication issues.
- Ensure the best practices in relation to Health Safety & Environmental at all times.
- Where reasonable travel to site and carry out assembly work in support of the Company and ultimately customer's requirements.
- Apprentice trained.
- Formal coded welding qualifications.
- Able to work with thickness of gauge from 3mm to 20mm, mild steel, stainless, cromweld and chromalloy.
- At least 2 years of experience in a plating or welding role.
- The ability to stick weld in mild and stainless steel.
- £14.00 per hour - Overtime rates at time and a third Mon-Fri Time and a half Saturday Double time Sunday.
- 25 holiday days plus 8 bank holidays.
- Company pension.
- Monday - Thursday 7-4 Friday 7-12.