Back to Blogs

Why use a specialist recruitment agency when hiring new employees?

  • Publish Date: Posted about 2 years ago

​If your business is looking to recruit new employees, you are probably wondering whether to find new recruits yourself and manage the whole recruitment process, or alternatively use a recruitment agency to bring on new members of staff. Whichever route you decide to take all depends on the resources your business has. Recruitment can be a very time consuming and costly task, so if you don’t have the internal resources to manage the process, this is where a specialist recruitment agency can help. A specialist recruitment agency operates solely in one particular industry. Many agencies are generalist with no specific specialism and recruit for a multitude of jobs.

For companies operating in the engineering and manufacturing industry, using a specialist engineering recruitment agency has multiple benefits.

Industry knowledge

Engineering recruitment agencies know your industry inside and out. Their day-to-day duties solely revolve around the engineering job market. A specialist recruiters in-depth understanding of the market means hiring managers can get straight to the point when discussing the duties of the role and person specification. Engineering recruiters will use their knowledge and expertise to offer recommendations and advice. Conversation’s specialist recruiters have on a daily basis revolve solely around the engineering and manufacturing industry. Speaking with both clients and candidates means specialist recruiters are a valuable tool in offering industry insights, providing knowledge, and giving advice.

A widespread network of engineers

According to a recent report, 70% of the global workforce is made up of passive talent who aren’t actively job searching, and the remaining 30% are active job seekers. Using an agency that has access to various job boards and databases is not enough if you want to identify and attract the very best talent. A specialist recruitment agency has relationships with a wide personal network of engineers who won’t be active on job boards. This can be extremely beneficial during candidate shortages, like the industry is experiencing at present.

Time saving

If you need to fill jobs quickly, a specialist recruiter can hit the ground running straight away using their extensive network of engineers. What’s even better is you will only receive applicants who have already gone through a pre-screening process and fit the job specifications you require. This cuts out a lot of valuable time and means you can hire top candidates quickly and efficiently.

Need an engineering recruitment agency? Get in touch with Metalis.

We work with some of the most talented engineers and project specialists in the engineering and manufacturing industry. And because we’re specialists in engineering recruitment, we can supply engineers with a range of expertise to support the growth of your business. If you need a recruitment agency that understands your sector, send us an enquiry, or call our team on 01143 492 305.