**PERMANENT CONTRACT WITH COMPANY FROM DAY ONE**
40 hours per week: Monday - Thursday 7:00 - 16:00, Friday 7:00 - 13:00
£9.32ph for first twelve weeks during probation, £9.52 after probation
Our client is at an exciting stage of growth and highly driven to achieve their ambitious and focused business plans. From the early days of the current pandemic, they have to lead the way being proactive and taking great care to work safely.
Due to continued growth, they now have a fantastic opportunity for a reliable, organised, and committed Assembly Operative to join their dedicated manufacturing facility based in Sheffield.
Process & product training will be provided for the right person.
- Applying practical manufacturing skills to a range of production processes, working safely and efficiently
- Working from technical drawings, following instructions, and undertaking safety and functional checks
- Assembling full, part products and accessories using various hand and power tools
- Understanding and working in line with industry-leading Quality and Health & Safety standards.
Activities across our different departments include Processing Plywood, HDPE, and Polypropylene parts using various machines including such as: Routers (CNC and Manual); pillar drills; belt and buffing sanders; boring machine; band and wall saws; air tools; plastic welding.
PU Production including trimming, i.e. grinding and gluing of pads, in-mould spaying, part spraying, operation of high-pressure PU Machine and tool maintenance, cutting and processing aluminium extrusion and steel using automated and manual tools including: CNC chop saws, manual chop saws, pillar drill, grinders, and hand tools.
Receiving and signing for goods including quality checks on goods received, putting away physical stock, replenish locations, completing requisition forms, picking of stock and completing kits, periodic stock checks & audits Vacancy notice Using of a wide range of Packing and Dispatch techniques including: CNC box making, stitching and stapling, quality checking, document printing and binding
Prior experience in a similar role and/or transferable skills are required.
- You will be a committed and motivated individual
- Able to follow instructions and work well as well as part of a team
- You are enthusiastic about work and have a positive 'can do' attitude, with adaptability to learn different work areas and manufacturing functions.
- A practical and dexterous individual, you will demonstrate good aptitude for 'hands-on' work and the use of hand tools.
- Good spatial awareness and reasoning skills.
- Some heavy lifting required. You will be accurate, efficient, an excellent organiser of yourself and your work
- Able to work to deadlines
- keen to learn new things with a flexible attitude to work
- Sufficient numeracy and literacy skills are required to be able to follow Health & Safety and assembly instructions
If you feel as though you have the skills for this role, please APPLY NOW with your CV and we will be in touch.