We currently have a permanent and full time CNC Machinist opportunity available, with our well-established and reputable client based in Sheffield. This role involves Setting and Operating both CNC Milling machines and CNC Lathes.
Between £24,000 and £30,000 per annum - dependant on experience.
The right candidate must be willing to work either Days and Afternoons or work a three shift patterns; Days, Afternoons and Nights. Working Hours: 37.5 hours a week, Monday to Friday.
The successful candidate should ideally possess:
- Knowledge of Health and Safety requirements including correct use of PPE, workspace cleanliness, COSHH
- A sound understanding of CNC milling or turning is essential as is the ability to understand and translate engineering drawings
- Knowledge or experience of drilling processes is desirable
- The candidate will operate CNC machining centres and lathes, manufacturing parts to satisfy existing orders and helping to develop prototype parts for potential new business
- Experience working with Mazatrol, Siemens or Fanuc operating systems would be advantageous
- Verify conformity of parts using gauges - sending first off parts for CMM measurement along with an understanding of measurement reports
- Ability to understand operation and method sheets
- Working with Standard Operating Procedures Understand engineering drawings (geometric tolerancing)
- Experience working in an engineering environment is essential
- Programming experience would be advantageous
- Ability to work under pressure
Please apply with your CV if you're interested.