We are recruiting on behalf of our client for an exciting new opportunity - a permanent Multi Axis Machinist role, based in Sutton-In-Ashfield.
Boasting modern purpose-built facilities with a clean shop floor, our client are a reputable and long established company that specialise in Aerospace Manufacturing for suppliers. They use a variety of machining and fabrication processes to manufacturer their products.
Monday to Thursday - 07:30am until 16:30pm
Friday - 07:30am until 13:30pm
They require a new 3 & 5 Axis Machinist / setter / operator. Would be working on lathes too.
Duties and responsibilities
Milling - 3 and 5 axis milling with experience with HAAS controls or FANUC
2 axis Lathe Operation - Experience of 2 axis lathe operation - Offset adjustment and tool wear adjustment - No setting experience required.
Measuring tools and Self Inspection Processes - Extensive use of shop measuring tools including Verniers, Micrometers, plug and screw plug gauges
Multi Machine Management - Ability to work multiple machines and preferably have experience using HAAS, DMG, Hermle machines to cove multiple programs and product spread to exacting tolerances.
Qualifications & Experience
- Minimum 4 years' experience.
- Qualified engineering apprenticeship background
- Knowledge of Aerospace, Defence and Energy industries, clients and opportunities
- Read and understand 2 d engineering drawings
- Must have good team working skills coupled with the ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment.
- Attention to detail
- Flexible and forward thinker with a 'can do' attitude.
- Ideally located within easy local commute to Sutton-in-Ashfield site.