We currently have a permanent and full time Grinder opportunity available, with our well-established and reputable client based in Sheffield.
The right candidate must be willing to work days but occasional shift flexibility may be required.
Candidates with experience in Cylindrical Grinding between centres is advantageous
About the Company:
Our client is a well-established manufacturing company based in Sheffield who operate from several UK and international sites. Due to a busy order book and an increase in production they are currently requiring a Grinder to join their team.
The successful candidate should ideally possess:
- Experience in cylindrical grinding between centres (essential).
- Knowledge and experience of CNC controls are advantageous but not a necessity.
- Being apprentice trained would be advantageous.
- Knowledge of grinding wheels, surface finish and have experience working to tight tolerances.
- Ability to understand engineering drawings/ operation and method sheets.
- Experience working with Standard Operating Procedures.
- Ability to work under pressure.
Working Hours: 37.5 hours a week, Monday to Friday. Shift patterns are days but occasional flexibility may be required; may be asked to cover typical morning and afternoon shifts in response to business needs.
Salary: £23,230 - £26,295 per annum basic, dependant upon experience. Shift allowance is in addition to the salary rate and is as follows:
Morning shift: £35.79 per week
Afternoon shift: £37.60 per week
Night shift: £73.88 per week