Metalis Engineering Recruitment are partnering with a prestigious manufacturing company based in the S9 area of Sheffield. A major player in the Oil & Gas industry our client is looking for a Vertical Borer/ Manual Lathe Operator to join their busy manufacturing Department.
Previous experience in a similar role is desired, You will be expected to have a sound knowledge or engineering or manufacturing. If you're looking to move from a job into one that offers genuine career progression and a company that values investment within the steelworks industry we'd like to hear from you.
6am - 4.30pm (Mon -Wed)
6am - 3.30 pm (Thurs)
Starting pay is £13.50- £14.50 depending on experience with progression and training in the near future
- Loading and unloading medium to large work pieces on/from lathe.
- Performing turning, boring, trepanning, roughing and finishing operations.
- Checking finished pieces to ensure compliance with technical drawings.
- Carrying out maintenance of turning lathe and tools.
- Cleaning turning lathe and work area.
- Drilling, trepanning, boring and radius forming.
Please get in contact if you feel this role is for you or would like to know more information on the role.
Additional hours at overtime up to 6pm (Mon - Thurs) and Fridays when required. Overtime is not compulsory, but is regularly available.