A manufacturer in the Alfreton area who manufacture solutions for the chemical industry are looking to add a production manager to their team. This role would be looking after a team of around 20 staff, including operatives, mixers and blenders on site. Taking full responsibility of shop floor activities and setting production targets and plans in place for the company.
Applicants from a food, beverage, liquid or chemical background are encouraged to apply. good knowledge of blending/mixing is required for this role.
- Communication with Directors/other Departments/Managers to fulfil targets, meet order deadlines and work within cost specifications
- Efficiencies of scale; identifying and adjusting production runs accordingly
- Ensuring production is cost effective
- Productivity targets - introducing this and working with/encouraging the staff
- Control of human and material resources needed to fulfil daily tasks
- Responsibility for site tidiness, cleanliness and maintenance of equipment and work areas
- Liaising with Directors and Managers to implement company policies, goals and legislation
- Ensuring health and safety guidelines are adhered to
- Supervising the production process, giving guidance as and where necessary to ensure that all staff are fully conversant with the task in hand
- Providing a positive motivational work environment to inspire the team to work independently or together to maximise results in the most efficient and effective manner
- Reviewing performance and identifying training needs of all production staff
- Ensuring all administration tasks relative to responsibilities are completed according to requirements
- End of shift close down and following day preparation
- Suggestions for improvements
- Ensuring all insurance requirements are upheld
- Identifying any training requirements to ensure maximum productivity
Day to Day Requirements
- Having and maintaining a working knowledge of daily, weekly and monthly requirements. Planning ahead for regular orders, liaising with colleagues in order to fulfil specified targets, ensuring that deadlines are met.
- Ensuring that all products are manufactured to required specifications, all quality control guidelines are adhered to and manufacturing methods are followed exactly.
- Identifying production trends, deciding batch amounts accordingly.
- Manufacturing to most cost effective method/batch amount.
- Increase productivity and efficiency to reach maximum results for the company.
- Stock control and stock rotation both of raw and all associated products to ensure efficiency in production.
- Staff availability to facilitate efficient work flow.
- End of job, daily, weekly and monthly cleaning routine.
- Establishing regular checking and maintenance systems of all equipment and tools.
- End of shift checks in all areas.
- Machinery issue repairs/troubleshooting/minor modifications - liaising with suppliers or on-site maintenance for repairs.
- Training staff on filling machines/general equipment in line with in-house training documents
- Ensuring adherence to systems, company policies and goals in force, or introduced. Adaptation of existing methods to ensure compliance with legislation.
- Strict control of all matters relating to health and safety and personal protection
- Prior to mixing commencing checking equipment to be used as and when necessary to ensure cleanliness and suitability to task. Supervising mixes done by the mixing team if necessary to minimise errors.
- Dealing with all production queries/troubleshooting - and regular production walkarounds to ensure everything is running smoothly.
- Fork Lift driving, as is required by the position. Responsibility for daily checks, maintenance and reporting mechanical malfunctions to the appropriate maintenance companies.
- Key holder, including opening/closing as required and end of shift site checks
- Company First Aider
- Ensuring that cover for all positions is provided during holidays and sickness with recourse to agency staff if required.
- Responsibility for planning and executing the daily filling schedule, ensuring that targets are met and appropriate paperwork is completed
- Responsibility for planning and executing the daily mixing schedule, ensuring that targets are met, that tanks, mixing equipment and raw materials are available, and the appropriate paperwork is completed.
- Job allocation for the Driver, planning routes, organising the loads, checking weights and overseeing the loading of vehicles
- Overseeing the preparation of orders for dispatch by small parcel couriers and hauliers
- Ensuring consignments are pal and labelled accurately - conducting final checks
- Liaising with the Office Manager relative to order status, and organising production to achieve delivery/collection deadlines
- Overall stock control of all consumables
- Packaging of pallets and liaising with the Office Manager to maintain sufficient stock to ensure no delays to production
- PPE spot checks