We are recruiting on behalf of our prestigious and reputable client based in Sheffield, who specialise in machining and steel stockholding high strength, high performance alloys. A family run company that has been running for over 80 years, they are looking for an experienced Sales Engineer to join their busy and ever-growing team on a PERMANENT basis.
They are looking for an individual with a proven track record in sales, who will work on developing existing and new accounts within the UK Oil & Gas Industry. The role involves internal sales plus visiting current and potential customers.
Monday to Friday, 9am until 5pm
Starting salary of £30,000
- Generation of business by converting opportunities into orders.
- Promotion of the company and its services seeking out value added opportunities.
- Develop and maintain relationships with customers and ensure maximum customer satisfaction.
- Achieving and exceeding sales targets and contributing to departmental objectives.
- Produce own quotations to designated accounts.
- Generate new and repeat business and follow up on leads.
- Consult with internal & external departments.
- Provide customers with updates as and when required.
- Undertake sales order review procedures and any relevant documentation that may be required.
- Updating of CRM system to maintain customer records and management of diary.
- Provide market feedback on pricing, competition activity, and any projects/new business opportunities.
- Travel within the UK as and when required. (May include overnight stays)
- Attend any relevant trade shows or exhibitions.
- Experience of negotiation and selling techniques
- Track record of converting quotations to orders.
- Outstanding problem-solving skills and ability to prioritise multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent relationship builder
- Flexibility for travel
- Computer literate - CRM and ERP systems
- Fluent in English (Written & spoken)
- Full clean driving licence
- Familiarity with Nickel Alloys and the Oil and Gas industry.
If this is a role you're interested in, please apply!