We are working on a very exciting position for a multinational manufacture to set up a brand-new fabrication shop due to the company's growth and future expansion plans. As part of this project, you will be given full support from the owner to create an environment that breeds success. All machinery and equipment is new and the highest specs have been provided.
The purpose of this exciting undertaking is to bring all exported manufacturing in house. Once the shop is up and running you will take complete charge of the fabrication process and move into a more manufacturing-based position.
Your working hours will be Monday to Friday 08:30 - 16:30 and Salary is £25 - £32,000 The successful candidate will be built into the future plans of the company with more senior positions considered in the future.
About the Role:
- Designing and planning the layout of the Machine Shop.
- A good working knowledge of 5S (LEAN), Kaizen, etc.
- At this stage you will not be responsible for managing a team but there is scope for this with growth.
- Able to weld to a fast pace without compromising on quality.
- Dealing with various stakeholders from production, purchasing, sales, etc.
- Based on recommendations the shop/environment will be built around the you.
- Creating a clear plan to increase production.
The ideal candidate:
- A time served fabricator working to fine tolerances with Mild and Stainless Steel.
- Time Served Fabricator who has experience working with Mild Steel.
- Working knowledge and experience in implementing LEAN Manufacturing.
- Hungry to succeed to hit the projected output of 4 times current order volume.
- Able to work to budgets and have a basic knowledge of finances.
- Understanding of different machinery and what is needed in the machine shop such as; Press Brakes, Pillar Drills, etc.
- A friendly, down to earth attitude.
This company is already in the global top 20 of manufactures in their industry and have plans to break the top 10. This will be done through their ambitious plans to expand and grow into larger markets such as America and India.
If you are looking for the next steps in your career and are excited by the prospect of developing a machine shop from scratch with the full backing of the MD or are an experienced Fabricator looking for your next step.